Post: Volunteer Coordinator
Hours: 35 Hours
Salary: £18,276 pa
Closing Date: 19/3/189
Responsible to Senior Vision Support Officer
This post is Lottery funded for a period of 3 years
Context and Purpose of the Job
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Volunteer Coordinator to support us to improve our ability to work effectively with volunteers, to help raise our profile and to develop new projects within the Community Services Team
- To coordinate the recruitment, support and management of volunteers to work in the front line and support services offered by Warwickshire Vision Support by:
- Designing and delivering volunteer recruitment processes that ensure that we recruit high quality volunteers into suitable and satisfying roles
- Creating volunteer induction pack and inducting all new volunteers
- Arranging and hosting volunteer forums across the county (alongside community team)
- Undertake regular formal and informal reviews with volunteers, identifying training needs, support and development opportunities.
- Ensure effective ongoing communication with volunteers, including a feedback route for volunteers to understand what they are doing, what progress is being made and what support is needed
- Provide support to volunteers as required, providing appropriate advice and guidance in accordance with good practice and local policy
- Arrange and support schemes to recognise and reward volunteers including long service awards, sharing success stories and holding celebration events
- Identify and create opportunities for volunteering for visually impaired people
- Support the community team to work effectively with their volunteers and provide ongoing practical support where required
- Ensure that all volunteers maintain confidentiality and act at all times in accordance with the policies and procedures of the relevant organisation
- Raising the profile of the organisation with particular reference to volunteering by
- Representing the organisation at all volunteering recruitment events
- Act as a focal point and lead contact for volunteering on behalf Warwickshire Vision Support, working effectively with partner organisations
- Engage with community organisations to create, establish and support volunteer-led activities in community settings including design and delivery of presentations
- Training and supporting volunteers to make similar presentations at local events
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Fully use the Charitylog database for maintaining all volunteer records.
- To collate data on and monitor volunteering activities including monthly reports on the scale and range of volunteering
- Organising and keeping records of all volunteer training
- To provide information for reports and monitoring as and when required.
- In addition and working with relevant colleagues, the post holder will:
- Liaise with the Fundraising Officer to develop funding bids relating to volunteer-led activities
- Work with relevant members of staff to deal effectively with any and all performance issues relating to volunteers
- To travel as required; some meetings or events may occur on evenings or at weekends.
- To respond appropriately to telephone, written and email enquiries, and maintain your own diary (making travel/booking arrangements when necessary).
- To be aware and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations.
- Participate in risk assessments to ensure the safety and wellbeing of volunteers
- To be aware and adhere to Warwickshire Vision’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To undertake any necessary training for the post
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Senior Vision Support Officer
This job description is to illustrate the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. This document reflects the job content at time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the jobholder and