Job Title: Assistant Fundraising Officer
Location: Warwickshire Vision Support, 5 Charles Court, Budbrooke Road, Warwick, CV34 5LZ
Line Manager: Fundraising Officer
Salary: £18,250 (35 hours pw) (18 hours £9,385 pro rata) (15 hours £7,821)
Hours of Work: 15 - 18 hours per week over 3 days. Flexible evening and weekend working as necessary.
Closing Date 14 October 2019
Holidays: 23 days (pro rata)
Main purpose of job: To assist with the co-ordination and delivery of the Warwickshire Vision Support Fundraising Strategy.
Warwickshire Vision Support (WVS) is the primary provider of charitable services for visually impaired people in Warwickshire. With over 108 years’ experience we provide a range of services including Vision Support (drop-in) Centres, Recreational Clubs, Home Visitor (Befriending) Service, Advocacy and Hospital Advice Desks. Fundraising is key to maintaining our existing services and to developing new services in the future. You will be joining a small team of dedicated staff who are supported by over 230 fabulous volunteers.
To take on this exciting and rewarding role you will need to be educated to degree level or equivalent or be able to evidence skills/experience which meets our ‘desirable’ criteria. This role will provide the right person will a great opportunity to either learn about charitable fundraising and participate in accredited training or enhance existing skills.
We are a small charity with a big heart who are looking for someone who wants to make a difference.
To work alongside the Fundraising Officer and support in the implementation of the WVS fundraising strategy which will include:
- Researching and identifying the most beneficial prospects for where the annual fundraising programme should be targeted
- To prepare and submit applications to Trusts and Foundations.
- Support WVS’s legacy programme
- With the support of the Volunteer Coordinators, to recruit and train an active group of volunteers who are involved in supporting the annual fundraising programme
- Establish effective links with representatives from local media and publicise fundraising activity
- Help raise awareness of WVS and its work at both local and national level
- In conjunction with the Fundraising Officer, to identify potential high value supporters and groups and co-ordinate their contact and involvement with WVS
- Co-ordinate and support WVS street collections and collection tin placements
- Organise events and campaigns as part of community fundraising development, responsible for new and imaginative activities to motivate and involve WVS members, volunteers and new supporters
- Support the implementation of WVS’s individual giving strategy
- Maintain and develop the electronic and manual administration systems and data records of donors, supporters, volunteers and future prospects
- Support the Fundraising Officer in the development of fundraising resources and materials such as posters, newsletters and leaflets
- Prepare mail-shots and correspondence
- Give presentations about Warwickshire Vision Support to outside agencies and community groups in order to raise our profile and secure fundraising partnerships.
- As a small charity providing such a wide range of services, you will also be required to occasionally cover our Vision Support Centres as this is a core service. Appropriate training will be given.