Post: Vision Support Officer (Super Saver)
Hours: 14 Hours
Salary: £7,310 pa
Closing Date: 1/10/18
Responsible to Senior Vision Support Officer
This post is Lottery funded for a period of 3 years
Context and Purpose of the Job
Many visually impaired people find it difficult to take advantage of online savings/concessions or grants/benefits because they are unable to research and apply online. This service seeks to provide guidance, options and support to individuals to enable them make informed choices about their economic well-being.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Vision Support Officer to support this new project.
- To provide guidance to visually impaired people on their options for reducing household costs and improving their economic wellbeing by:
- Switching utilities and services
- Applying for concessionary rates and discounts
- Providing information regarding food banks and other community resources
- Providing guidance on how to reduce energy usage
- To identify and provide guidance on the availability of local personal grants programmes
- To keep our service users informed about any opportunities for improving economic well-being
- To provide an overview of the benefits to which an individual may be entitled and signpost them to the appropriate agency for support
- Train and support a team of volunteers to support them in this role
- In association with the volunteer coordinator, to undertake regular formal and informal reviews with volunteers, identifying training needs, support and development opportunities.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Fully use the Charitylog database for maintaining all records.
- To collate data on produce monthly reports on the impact of the service
- Organising and keeping records of all service user interactions
- Raising the profile of the service and WVS by:
- Representing the organisation at all relevant events
- Act as a focal point and lead contact for economic wellbeing on behalf Warwickshire Vision Support, working effectively with partner organisations
- Engage with community organisations to create, establish and support supersaver activities in community settings including design and delivery of presentations
- Training and supporting volunteers to make similar presentations at local events
- In addition and working with relevant colleagues, the post holder will:
- Provide support to volunteers as required, providing appropriate advice and guidance in accordance with good practice and local policy
- To ensure that all work fully complies with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) guidelines
- Liaise with the Fundraising Officer to identify new grant opportunities
- Engage with local community organisations to enable seamless signposting for our service users
- Ensure that all Super Saver volunteers maintain confidentiality and act at all times in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation
- To travel as required to our support centres across Warwickshire
- To respond appropriately to telephone, written and email enquiries, and maintain your own diary (making travel/booking arrangements when necessary).
- To support the Community Services Team as required.
- To be aware and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations.
- To be aware and adhere to Warwickshire Vision’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To undertake any necessary training for the post
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Senior Vision Support Officer
This job description is to illustrate the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. This document reflects the job content at time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the jobholder and the job description amended accordingly.
For more information call 01926 411331 or email email@example.com