Echo Dot Trial Results
(7 April 2021 12:00 am)
Warwickshire Vision Support were given a number of Echo Dots during the first lockdown and to maximise their potential for our service users we decided to run a trial for six months and then pass them onto new people later in the year. Due to further lockdowns we have not retrieved the devices but have asked the lucky recipients for their feedback.
Set Up Process:
40% for the people receiving the Echo Dot set it up themselves whilst 60% had help from friends or family.
90% said that it was very easy or easy to set up
How useful is the Echo Dot:
80% said that they found the Echo Dot very useful or useful.
The top three uses were:
- News and Information 75%
- Listening to music and podcasts 90%
- Timers, reminders and alarms 80%
Here are the comments we received:
- I found it very useful so I brought a smart TV which has it on it
- We would be happy to purchase this to avoid having to ask someone to set up another
- Fantastic piece of kit
- Highly recommended
- Loved echo and will buy one
- Alexa is just not that useful yet as a knowledge source or smart device. It is a great radio player and speaker though
- So grateful for the use of the Dot. When I have to give this back, I will probably buy my own. It’s been really helpful :) Thank you.
- Will buy one after trial
- Very good piece of equipment easy to use and set up lots of apps can be added at a fee
- Going to miss Alexa loads when she has to go back
- Wouldn’t be able to afford to get one sadly
- It’s been really good for getting weather reports and travel
- Thank you for giving me the opportunity to try it out.
- Will be sad to hand it back
- When the trial has finished we will buy my Mom an Echo Dot
- It's been great and definitely plan to get an echo of my own
- I never knew that the Echo Dot did so much for you. I think it is a great device and I will go out and buy a new one when I have to send this one back.
- A very useful tool to have
- I love it and use it every day and listen to it whilst working.