What 3 Words
(30 November 2020 12:00 am)
The world has been divided up into 3 metre squares and each square has been allocated a unique combination of three words. This means that you can navigate to anywhere in the world by knowing its three words. The words can be used for navigation, emergencies and deliveries.
A smart app is available and it can be used to
- give you your current location in 3 words in an emergency or just to share with your friends
- enter in a location address and then navigate to it via your navigation app
- share the precise starting point of an activity
- find and navigate to a specific entrance to a building
- save your own locations so you can navigate to them in the future
Some organisations including hospitals and venues like the O2 arena are using what3words to help direct disabled visitors.