New Vacancy - Administration and Finance Manager
(28 January 2021 12:00 am)
Administration and Finance Manager, Charity based in Warwickshire, salary £30,000 to £34,000 per annum dependent on experience and skills, 23 days annual leave per annum plus statutory holidays increasing with length of service.
The Charity is the primary local charity for people living with sight loss in Warwickshire. We offer a holistic seamless service from the point of diagnosis, through visual impairment rehabilitation to long term social support to ensure that any person with a visual impairment gets the support they need, when they need it.
This is a great time to join the Charity as we implement our new strategy. This exciting new role will report directly to the CEO and, in addition to the traditional finance and administrative role, manage the team responsible for recruiting and supporting our volunteers, support the fundraising team to attract financial support and help to raise our profile across Warwickshire.
We are now looking for an Administration and Finance Manager to support and lead the development of the Administrative, HR, Compliance and Financial infrastructure ensuring our policies and procedures are appropriate for the scale of the organisation as it develops. This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening working.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to remotely manage the team as this position will require both virtual and office working.
The successful candidate will also deputise in the absence of the Chief Executive.
We believe that diversity and engagement is not only the right thing to do, but is the only way we can achieve our goals. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures.
Administration and Finance Manager Main Duties:
- Contributing to development of the Charity’s medium and long-term vision and strategy.
- Managing performance within the agreed annual planning / budgeting framework ensuring all KPI’s are achieved.
- Managing the team remotely to achieve results – a large proportion of work will be home based.
- Ensuring the team complies with full Health and Safety and Safeguarding policies and ensuring all activities are covered by risk assessments.
- Ensuring staff are recruited, inducted, performance managed and supported, taking responsibility for ongoing professional development.
- Managing any grievance and disciplinary matters in your team in line with our policies and procedures.
- Manage and support the Finance Officer with financial planning and auditing: preparing annual budgets, cash flows and long-term business plans.
- Providing an oversight and scrutiny of accounts, systems and controls.
- Manage and support the Fundraising Officer in developing and implementing income generation strategy.
- Manage and support the Volunteer Coordinator in developing and implementing volunteer strategy.
- Ensuring the Sight Register is maintained in accordance with legal and contractual requirements.
- Ensuring referrals and enquiries are processed professionally, that records are maintained and performance is monitored.
- Managing procurement and stock control processes.
- Ensuring we operate as a best practice employer and treat all staff fairly. Seeking advice from our outsourced HR provider as necessary. Liaising with our HR Committee chair and HR provider as part of a process of continual improvement.
- Overseeing employment contracts, variations and records.
- Leading on policies, processes and systems around compliance including GDPR, DBS, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and HR, and being responsible for achieving and maintaining ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Working with our external providers to ensure our systems are effective, user focused and deliver on the needs of the organisation.
- Overseeing the maintenance and development of the CRM system (Charitylog).
- Managing the lease and rental/hire agreements for the Charity’s office and services.
- Working with the Charity’s insurance broker to ensure all key risks are covered by insurance in a cost-effective manner.
- Managing the repairs and maintenance of our office and any other properties.
Administration and Finance Manager Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential, demonstrating management experience.
- Highly numerate with general business experience of minimum 2 years
- Previous experience in the charity sector is desirable.
- Degree or equivalent in Business Studies or Finance related qualification desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team and confidently using own initiative.
- Previous experience of managing IT, CRM and communication systems. Experience of using CharityLog would be beneficial
- IT literate, with an excellent knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience of ISO 9001.
- Full UK driving licence, preferably clean, and access to own vehicle.
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent organisational skills, management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- The ability to plan and prioritise a complex workload and work under pressure.
The closing date for this role is 8th February 2021 with interviews taking place week commencing 22nd February.
You will need to submit your CV and a covering letter which includes why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position and what skills & experience you will bring to this role. Please note, CV only applications will not be accepted.
Please submit your application via the Indeed website
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.