New Vacancy - Administration officer
(4 February 2021 12:00 am)
Administration Officer, Charity based in Warwickshire, Salary circa £18,200 per annum pro-rata, 23 days annual leave per annum plus statutory holidays increasing with length of service.
The Company: The Charity is the primary local charity for people living with sight loss in Warwickshire. They offer a holistic seamless service from the point of diagnosis, through visual impairment rehabilitation to long term social support to ensure that any person with a visual impairment gets the support they need, when they need it.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated part-time Administration Officer to work alongside our full-time Administration Officer.
You will need to be flexible and innovative providing administrative support to fellow team members who are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the charity’s services.
You will also be expected to support and work with Volunteers who provide administration assistance at the Warwickshire Vision Support office.
This is a part-time, permanent position, working 12 hours per week Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening working.
Please can you upload a covering letter to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this position and what skills and experience you will bring to this role. Please note, CV only applications will not be accepted.
Administration Officer Main Duties:
- Providing general administrative assistance to the CEO including the collation and distribution of information and minute/note taking.
- Supporting the Audit Controller for ISO9001 quality management system and participating in payroll training at regular intervals, acting as payroll backup in the event of the absence of the Finance Officer.
- Maintaining staff holiday and sickness records.
- Organising annual servicing of equipment (PAT testing, Fire extinguishers etc).
- Participating in regular Supervision and an Annual Performance Review, staff meeting and any project work that arises.
- Ensuring that electronic recording systems are maintained and developed to current Health and Social Care Sector standards.
- Maintaining CharityLog database for clients and volunteers including contributing to the development of the database and being the main contact for the system administrator.
- Being responsible for the administration and processing of all Certificates of Visual Impairment (CVI’s) including the maintenance of Client File System and Database, to dispatch Client information within the specified response times and to arrange for CVI transfers.
- Maintaining the Visual Impairment Register for Warwickshire on behalf of the Local Authority.
- Producing monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc statistics for CEO, Snr Rehabilitation Officer for reporting and undertaking the processing of referrals for the Rehabilitation Service and other Charity services.
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Officer with the Charity’s correspondence, undertaking mail merges from the database and ensuring all correspondence conforms to GDPR.
- Ensuring that service users receive correspondence in the format they require (large print, audio, Braille, email etc).
- Providing cover for Reception and the telephone as and when required.
- Being the point person for IT Systems management within the Charity reporting faults and changes for the IT support service.
- Updating and maintaining a directory of extensions for the VOIP telephone system.
- Being responsible for ordering and maintaining records/stock control of all Rehabilitation Service equipment and sending out equipment to service users as directed and maintaining the appropriate records.
- Managing the British Wireless for the Blind Fund (BWBF) loan units keeping records of to whom they are on loan.
- Maintaining stock levels and order all office stationery and to assist with the annual stocktaking process.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required by the Charity.
Administration Officer Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Previous experience in the charity sector, and experience working with Volunteers and with Visually Impaired people is desirable.
- 5 GCSES’s including Maths and English or equivalent is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also confidently able to work independently.
- Excellent keyboard IT and database skills are essential, with an excellent knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of using CharityLog would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of ISO or other Quality Assurance systems is desirable.
- Full UK driving licence, preferably clean, and access to own vehicle.
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills are essential.
- The ability to plan and prioritise a complex workload and work under pressure.
- The ability to manage a busy and challenging work environment.
The closing date for this role is 15 February 2021 with interviews taking place week commencing 22 February 2021
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Reference ID: WVS020221
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Application Deadline: 15/02/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,200.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations:Working from home
Education: GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19