New Vacancy - Volunteer Coordinator
(4 February 2021 12:00 am)
Volunteer Coordinator, Charity based in Warwickshire, salary £20,000 to £22,000 per annum dependent on experience and skills, 23 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays increasing with length of service and employee assistance programme
The Company:The Charity is the primary local charity for people living with sight loss in Warwickshire. We offer a holistic seamless service from the point of diagnosis, through visual impairment rehabilitation to long term social support to ensure that any person with a visual impairment gets the support they need, when they need it.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Volunteer Coordinator to manage our Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service winning team volunteer. You will be responsible for the recruitment, induction and training of our 300+ volunteers, whilst also supporting fellow team members who are responsible for the day-to-day management of volunteers from an operational prospective.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening working. This role will require having a flexible approach and an ability to work primarily from home.
Please can you upload a covering letter to explain why you are the perfect candidate for this position and what skills and experience you will bring to this role. Please note, CV only applications will not be accepted.
We believe that diversity and engagement is not only the right thing to do, but is the only way we can achieve our goals. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures.
Volunteer Coordinator Main Duties:
- Designing and delivering volunteer recruitment processes that ensure that we recruit high quality volunteers into suitable and satisfying roles.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Officer to promote volunteer opportunities on social media and other mediums.
- Engaging with existing volunteers to help promote and expand our volunteer recruitment programme.
- Supporting operations teams to develop volunteer role descriptions in line with agreed definitions.
- Identifying and creating opportunities for volunteering for visually impaired people and recruit from appropriate sources.
- Engaging corporate volunteers in conjunction with the Fundraising team.
- Updating volunteer induction pack and delivering induction and Charity specific training programmes to all new volunteers as well as refresher programmes for existing volunteers.
- Ensuring all volunteers receive regular safeguarding training and processing any safeguarding concerns as per WVS policies
- Defining and implementing communications plan for volunteers including regular update newsletter (alongside Marketing and Communications Officer).
- Arranging and hosting volunteer forums across the county.
- Representing the organisation at volunteering recruitment events.
- Acting as a focal point and lead contact for volunteering on behalf of the Charity and working effectively with partner organisations.
- Travelling as required; some meetings or events may occur on evening or at weekends.
- Using the Charitylog database for maintaining all volunteer records, including organising and maintaining records of volunteer training, DBS checks etc.
- Undertaking any other additional duties required by the Charity from time to time.
Volunteer Coordinator Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Previous experience in the charity sector is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of the Health and Safety Regulations is essential, including use of risk assessments.
- Ability to work as part of a team and confidently using own initiative.
- Previous experience of managing IT, CRM and communication systems.
- IT literate, with an excellent knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Full UK driving licence, preferably clean, and access to own vehicle.
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Excellent organisational skills and leadership skills.
- The ability to plan and prioritise a complex workload and work under pressure.
- The closing date for this role is 15th February 2021 with interviews taking place week commencing 1st March 2021.
- Once you have submitted your CV, please complete the comments box and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Reference ID: WVS280121
Application deadline: 15/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Working from home.
Experience: similar role: 2 years (Preferred)
Health and Safety Regulations: 2 years (Preferred)
Licence/Certification: Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle (Preferred)