20th Jan 2021
(2 February 2021 1:25 pm)
Wednesday Video Support Group Update -
Wednesday 20th January 2021
Thank you to everyone who attended. We had another very successful and informative meeting with a guest presentation from Ray Veal and Ana Crome – Tourism for All UK. An audio version of the meeting has been uploaded to the Warwickshire Vision website and can be accessed by clicking this link
Below is a summary of the meeting, together with details of an evening meeting which is scheduled for February. We hope that some new faces will be able to join us at our first evening event.
Here is a summary of the meeting:
- Ray Veal is voluntary CEO for Tourism for All UK. Tourism for All is a national charity whose mission is to be the voice of accessible travel in the UK. Ana Cromer is the Manager of Information and Membership Services and the main point of contact when making enquiries about accessible holidays. For full details of the service they provide for individuals with any form of accessible need, and also the training they provide to the travel industry, visit our Warwickshire Vision website and listen to the audio version of the meeting. The contact details for Tourism for All UK are:
- Reminder if anyone would like to pass on details of incidents involved electric cars, please do so by return of email to Louise Jelley.
- Kate Perkins updated the group on the question of changes to Blue Badges in Europe.
- A virtual Sight Village took place this week. A question was raised as to whether the two day event was recorded. It appears that it was not recorded, but more information about exhibitors can be found on the Queen Alexandra College website via this link – Sight Village
- Reminder – Ramble Tag Competition in the Winter Edition of Warwickshire Vision.
- Service User James Morrison is busily creating decoupage boxes and keyrings which he is selling via Facebook and monies raised are for Warwickshire Vision. Here is a link to Warwickshire Vision Support Charity Facebook Page If you would like to follow Warwickshire Vision news via Facebook, please can you ‘like’ and ‘follow’ this page and then you will be notified of updates via your personal Facebook profile.