A Special Gift
A legacy is a special gift that lives on after your death. By donating to Warwickshire Vision Support through your Will, you can help us to provide essential services to people living with sight loss in Warwickshire.
A gift in your Will does not have to be large to make a difference. Just a small percentage of what is left, after your loved ones are provided for, could make a real difference to someone living with sight loss.
Why we need your help?
The dramatic increase in the number of people living with sight loss in the UK is escalating. Today, more than 15,500 people are living with permanent and uncorrectable sight loss in Warwickshire.
The demand for services and limited resources means that many local authorities have little choice but to streamline services to make savings. As a consequence, we are witnessing a steady increase in demand for our charitable services at a time when our resources are diminishing.
By leaving a legacy gift you are enabling us to maintain and develop our services for future generations.
Why leave a Legacy?
Making a Will is important to all of us in today’s world. Of course, our main concern is to look after our family - to preserve our family heirlooms for future generations and to help the younger generation in these difficult economic times.
However, many of us also want to leave something behind that truly symbolises the way we lived our life. Your Legacy is a testament to your lasting generosity, to your beliefs and your desire to help others after you have gone.
For some people, leaving a Legacy can also help reduce inheritance tax obligations. For more information, please see your solicitor or accountant.
If you decide that you want to leave a Legacy to help us continue our important work then please follow these steps:
Discuss your decision with your family so that they are aware and supportive of your intention to leave a legacy in your Will.
Decide how much you wish to leave Warwickshire Vision Support in your legacy. There are many different ways that this can be calculated
- A Pecuniary Legacy: which is a fixed sum
- A Specific Legacy: which is a specific item of value
- A Residual Legacy: which can be the whole or a percentage of your estate after your debts and other legacies have been paid.
Make an appointment to see your solicitor and discuss your desire to write, or change, your Will. If you do not have a solicitor, we can provide you with a list of solicitors in Warwickshire, many of whom make home visits.
If you are sure that you want to remember Warwickshire Vision Support in your Will, we suggest you use the following wording, to make sure your wishes are carried out:
I leave [……………] to Warwickshire Vision Support, the operating name of Warwickshire Association for the Blind, Registered Charity No: 1123220 Registered Company No: 6511954.
Whether your Legacy is large or small it will be a lasting testament to your generosity.
Our Commitment to You
- We will always respect your privacy. We recognise and appreciate that your Will is completely personal to you.
- We realise that, rightly, your family and loved ones will always come first.
- Because we are committed to making a difference for people with sight loss, we always encourage people to leave something to Warwickshire Vision Support. But we recognise that it is your decision and you need to make it in your own time.
- You can tell us that you have left a gift if you want to, and we would love to hear – but you do not need to tell us, and we will not keep asking you.
- We will use your gift carefully and responsibly so that it has the greatest impact.
- At any time in the future, you have the absolute right to change your mind about leaving a legacy.
- We will handle whatever gift you leave us with care, sensitivity and respect.
Thank you for considering making a Legacy Gift to Warwickshire Vision Support in your Will. It is only through your generosity that we will be able to continue to support local people living with sight loss.
A Local Charity for Local People
Warwickshire Vision Support is a local charity for local people. Our funding is all generated locally and all our activities are focussed on helping visually impaired people in Warwickshire and Coventry. We are proud to say that every penny you commit will be spent on supporting local people.